Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sabres Rape Leafs Without Briere, Drury


After the free agent frenzy this past summer, the Buffalo Sabres must have felt like Britney Spears losing her kids to Kevin Federline. The Sabres lost their two best players, Chris Drury and Daniel Briere.

However, the big hole in their roster didn't prevent them from beating the Maple Leafs 7-2.

"So much for trying to hype up our team," said Leafs Captain Sundin. "I think this is a pretty good indication that we suck."

"The pre-season normally hypes up the new team and the upcoming season," said GM John Ferguson Jr. "I think our pre-season is doing the exact opposite."

"I'm not gonna lie, it was my birthday wish that, you know, we wouldn't suck this bad," said newly acquired Jason Blake.

"I'm beginning to think birthday wishes don't come true," he finished.

No comments: