Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Bergeron Steps In For Pronger


In order to stay one step ahead in the playoff race the Anaheim Ducks have asked Marc-Andre Bergeron to step in for the suspended Chris Pronger.

"It's really tough to step into any great players' shoes, especially Pronger's," Bergeron said yesterday at a press conference.

"Since I was only traded a few weeks ago I'm new around here and I'm gonna watch my step, you know. I'll be stepping up a gear in order to make a good impression on my new team and new coach."

"This is definitely a step in the right direction," said Ducks coach Randy Carlyle.

"Bergeron is a man who isn't known to tread on anyone's toes, so you know, our team is now ready to step on the gas and plow through the standings even without Pronger," finished Carlyle.

As a player who has traditionally been a reserve, this is the first time Bergeron has been given the chance to step up to the plate. Ducks fans eagerly await positive results.

And in the meantime Pronger has joined Chris Simon in a rehabilitation program called Step By Step. It is a program designed to teach hockey players how to walk around objects as opposed to trampling them.

No comments: