Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Niedermayer's Fork Collection Gaining Prominence


The whereabouts of former Anaheim Ducks captain, Scott Niedermayer, were unknown until today. He was spotted in a kiosk at the 7th annual Fork Show in Santa Monica.

"This is a three prong... but my favourite, is this single prong fork. It's really controversial because it's hard to classify," said Niedermayer while smiling.

"Oh, in case you didn't know, I have a new hobby."

Niedermayer was making a great impression on festival organizers.

"I've never seen such an impressive collection... A mix of forks from urban and rural centres," said head organizer Matthew Spencer. "It's fantastic to have Scott around this year."

Niedermayer had an interesting story explaining his abrupt career change:

"It was while I was eating a steak one day last summer, while admiring my reflection in the Stanley Cup, that I caught a glimpse of the fork I was holding," said Niedermayer.

"I thought to myself, 'why Scotty-boy, you've never seen a fork so beautiful in your life,' and that was it. I was forked from then on... Hahahaha! Get it? Forked!!"

No comments: