Monday, July 9, 2007

Bonds Says A Bunch of Lame, Contradictory Things At All-Star News Conference


So he opted out of the home run derby because he was obviously too vain and lazy to compete (he didn't admit it, though). Now he's complaining that he "wants a bigger role" in this year's All-Star event. What the fuck does Barry want, will the whining ever end?

"Judging by how important I am, and what I've accomplished, I'm surprised that they didn't give me a bigger role," said a self-important Bonds. "I mean, they could have honoured me too, or at least had me walk out and present the award to Willie Mays. He is my god father after all."

"He had his opportunity to participate in the home run derby but he declined. The only person who gets a 'bigger role' is the person we're honouring, Willie Mays," said MLB commissioner Bud Selig.

No comments: