Sunday, June 10, 2007

Belak Wins "Most Productive" Award


Maple Leaf tough-guy Wade Belak was awarded the "Most Productive Player" award last Sunday. In the 06-07 season, he appeared in fewer games than any other player on his team. Instead of actually playing hockey and doing his job, he spent most of his time starring in his own reality television show, "Wade A Minute."

"This is great, this is the best day of my life. Forget winning the cup and playing hockey, this is the best achievement ever," said Belak, while cuddling his trophy. "I'm gonna get drunk tonight!"

"I'm so proud of Wade," said Leafs GM John Ferguson Jr. "He contributes so much to the team without even actually playing many games. When he's on the ice, all he does is fight. We're going to extend his contract and hire more players like him. In fact, I think I'll promote Wade and make him my advisor."

No comments: